20070416

[Tac/阿坦] Toilet Coupons

Went to Taman Tasik Titiwangsa, Kuala Lumpur.
I need a go, so I paid 20 cents to use the public toilet (just like most of the places in KL).
And I got a toilet coupon, or a toilet receipt.
It's in Malay, I translated them (almost literally) into English.
Do tell me if you have better translation suggestions.


(Front)

PUBLIC TOILET
PARK CULTURE & CITY CLEANLINESS CONTROL DIVISION

FOR TOILET USE ONLY
20 CENTS No. D 839568


(Back)

TOILET FACILITY

TIME OPEN: 7.00 am - 7.00 pm
PAYMENT RATE: 20 CENTS FOR TOILET USE ONLY

USAGE RULES:

1. NO FOOD AND DRINKS ALLOWED IN THIS BUILDING.
2. TAKE CARE OF THE CLEANLINESS OF THIS AREA OF THE FACILITY. THROW RUBBISH INTO THE BIN PROVIDED.
3. DO NOT MAKE NOISE. TAKE CARE OF THE PUBLIC HARMONY IN THIS AREA.
4. USE THE PROVIDED FACILITY AS FAST AS YOU CAN SO THAT OTHERS CAN USE THE FACILITY AS WELL.
5. USE THE PROVIDED FACILITY WITH CARE. DO NOT DESTROY ANY THINGS AND THE FACILITIES PROVIDED.
6. THE DBKL MANAGEMENT WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY OR ANY LOSS OF PERSONAL BELONGING.

UNDER THE ORDER OF THE
CITY MAYOR
KUALA LUMPUR

JD105609-PNMB.,-K.L.


I wonder if anyone really do read all of these before they go for their business in the toilet. We are so uncivilized that we eat and drink and make noise and stay overnight in the cubicle. Or else, they wouldn't be making these rules huh.

And I find it bloody hell interesting to share with you. :)

3 comments:

lili said...

Emma-Jean said...

I love rules. Especially bloody stupid rules.
From what I remember from KL public toilets, I would never have considered bringing food or drink into the toilet. That's just gross.
:)

18/4/07 6:37 AM

lili said...

Wey Chii said...

they are so creative..i love them..

19/4/07 11:16 PM

lili said...

At least this toilet is unexpectedly cleaner than other public toilets in KL generally. ;)

I'm glad to share this bloody funny piece of paper. :)

20/4/07 1:07 AM